- Hell Divers IV: Wolves by Nicholas Sansbury Smith (950 views)
Our heroes take their struggle to survive from the air to the water in the fourth book in the Hell Divers series. With renewed purpose, the crews of the Hive and Deliverance set their sites on the Metal Islands, a place they intend to call home just as soon as they uproot the cannibals that have already claimed it as their own.
- Sun of Suns by Karl Schroeder (903 views)
A little confusing at times, Sun of Suns is nevertheless an excellent book with some beautiful worldbuilding.
- A Wizard's Guide To Defensive Baking by T. Kingfisher (780 views)
A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking is the kind of lightheartedness we all need a little of right now.
- Perilous Seas by Dave Duncan (469 views)
Perilous Seas accelerates the pace of the series with some of the best storytelling and character development to date.
- Goosebumps (456 views)
A fantastical, family-friendly horror film that has all the right elements for some seriously spooky fun.
- Faery Lands Forlorn by Dave Duncan (437 views)
Overall a slow read with some confusing plotlines which is saved by some good character building and the promise of the larger story forming for our two main characters.
- Magic Casement by Dave Duncan (432 views)
A slow start to the series with minimal character development, I'm nevertheless giving this one three rockets because it does build a good foundation for the remainder of the series.
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden (243 views)
It's never easy saying goodbye to such engaging characters, but I was left with a satisfying conclusion and the fulfillment of many character arcs so I'm happy.
- Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames (175 views)
Great premise but a failure to deliver on well developed characters and a storyline that fell back onto child antics too often left a bitter taste in my mouth on this one.
- Emperor and Clown by Dave Duncan (141 views)
This final book in the A Man of His Word series should have ended with a bang. Instead, it was barely a fizzle. A good series, but not great, and not one I would say is a must-read.